The ASA - Swiss Arbitration Association, is for the first time in collaboration with Vienna International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (VIAC), organising the ASA Arbitration Practice Seminar in Eisenstadt, Austria.
The event is specifically tailored for individuals who wish to continue building on their knowledge and expertise in international arbitration, while benefiting from the insights and expertise of our esteemed discussion leaders.
DATE: Friday, 20 October 2023 to Sunday, 22 October 2023
LOCATION: Hotel Galántha, Esterhazypl. 3 in Eisenstadt, Austria.
REGISTRATION: Register here by 4 September 2023 to secure an early bird rate!
The Vienna International Arbitral Centre mourns the loss of Eric E. Bergsten. Mr. Bergsten passed away peacefully on 1 July 2023 at the age of 91.
Eric E. Bergsten is considered the founding father of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot and has dedicated his career and life to promoting commercial law and arbitration with a vision to peaceful dispute resolution. When Eric E. Bergsten initiated the Vis Moot in 1993, the hearings were held on VIAC's premises and VIAC has continued to play a role in the co-organisation.
Given how rapidly the tech sector is growing, accelerated digital transformation and innovation will continue to impact the ADR landscape in years to come. New product areas, like cryptocurrency, blockchain and AI will result in new types of commercial disputes. Not to mention increased government action to regulate big tech companies, which will likely result in an increasing number of tech-related investor-State disputes. VIAC wants to be fit for the future. It is vital for our growth to gather the expertise and knowledge of thought leaders in the sector to steer the institution in the right direction in order to understand how we can provide the best, cutting edge service.
- Become part of a broad ADR network in the region
- Stay abreast of VIAC’s ongoing and pipeline projects
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in international arbitration
- Secure the first spot at events organized by VIAC
- Engage with a diverse group of talented and motivated professionals
- Set a steppingstone for your career in international arbitration
- Participate in the bi-annual VIAC CAN retreat in Vienna
- Successful Ambassadors can qualify for the VIAC CAN mentorship programme, ie be mentored by one of the renowned experts in one of VIAC’s Boards
- Successful Ambassadors will receive a detailed reference from the VIAC Secretariat upon effective completion of the two-year term