VIAC CAN – and so CAN you!
What will I gain from being a part of the VIAC Ambassador Network?
- Become part of a broad ADR network in the region
- Stay abreast of VIAC’s ongoing and pipeline projects
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in international arbitration
- Secure the first spot at events organized by VIAC
- Engage with a diverse group of talented and motivated professionals
- Set a steppingstone for your career in international arbitration
- Participate in the bi-annual VIAC CAN retreat in Vienna
- Successful Ambassadors can qualify for the VIAC CAN mentorship programme, ie be mentored by one of the renowned experts in one of VIAC’s Boards
- Successful Ambassadors will receive a detailed reference from the VIAC Secretariat upon effective completion of the two-year term
What is required of a VIAC Ambassador?
- Business development and promotion of VIAC in the region
- Assist in setting up educational programmes
- Assist in coordinating VIAC events
- Assist in coordinating meetings with the relevant stakeholders in the region
- Coordinating the above with the respective Austrian Trade Commissioner
- Research ADR methods and trends in the region and provide relevant data and information for the “VIAC Arbitration and ADR Market Study in CEE and SEE”
- Thought and idea exchange with respective VIAC Ambassadors in other regions
- Receive support and coordinate with VIAC headquarters in Vienna
How do I become a VIAC Ambassador?
- Applicants should be qualified lawyers with professional experience in a legal environment, ideally in the field of arbitration and/or mediation. A formal legal qualification (i.e. Bar exam or equivalent) is not essential, if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient legal training and experience in international arbitration and/or mediation, international commercial law.
- There is no age limitation, applicants who fulfil the criteria should apply irrelevant of their age although we also encourage younger generation practitioners to submit their applications.
- Applicants must be well organized and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants should be motivated and passionate about ADR.
- Applicants must speak and write English at an excellent level. Knowledge of German is an advantage.
(i) which country or number of countries (as the case may be) that you wish to represent,
(ii) why you think you are perfect for this role, and
(iii) a brief outline of the first steps you would take to promote VIAC in your respective country / countries.
- Applications close 30 November 2022.
- Role starts in January 2023 until December 2024; two-year term with the possibility of re-appointment for one term.
We look forward to receiving many interesting applications. Do not miss this unique opportunity and share among your arbitration friends and colleagues.
If any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact the secretariat.